Director, Member Development
The Director, Member Development will play a key role in strengthening the BBB National Programs community and leading its strategic growth. The position requires an experienced professional who enjoys connecting with leaders and decisionmakers at corporations, law firms, agencies, and organizations and develops meaningful partnerships based on shared values.
As the Director of Member Development, you will be responsible for helping BBB National Programs move from strategy, to plan, to action, supporting our National Partners and program membership across the organization and growing those audiences. You will increase engagement with prospects and convert that engagement into investment in our organization. You are a thoughtful listener who prioritizes customer service and has demonstrated experience and success in member recruitment, increasing sponsorship revenue, and providing oversight and mentorship to fellow team members.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Meet and exceed established annual sales goals for new corporate and law firm member recruitment
- Achieve revenue objectives by proactively selling conference sponsorships
- Ability and discipline to utilize CRM to manage outreach efforts including the maintenance and development of accounts, contacts and activities
- Create and maintain a robust pipeline of membership prospects
- Develop compelling proposals to targeted corporations and law firms that maximize the value of membership and other BBB National Programs services
- Engage and effectively manage staff who assist with new member acquisition
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and reinforce opportunities to engage with members and attract prospective members
- Propose and support events that reinforce value of membership
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated relevant experience in membership, sales and/or development at a major law firm, association, corporation, or foundation
- Self-starter who approaches work with a proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to access and engage with senior corporate executives and senior leaders at major corporations, law firms, and other institutions
- Manage multiple priorities with flexibility and effective project management skills
- Excellent listener who can translate the needs of a prospective member into actionable items
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills and a desire to provide the highest level of customer service
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM helpful
Apply for this position
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.