- For EU and Swiss Consumers: Dispute Resolution
- Privacy Shield Principles
- BBB EU Privacy Shield Rules
- Contact Us
- How to File a Complaint with BBB EU Privacy Shield
File a Complaint
Before you file a complaint . . . make sure your complaint meets the guidelines
Your complaint must concern a company that is a participating business in the BBB EU Privacy Shield Program. For your complaint to be accepted:
• You must already have made a good faith attempt to resolve the complaint directly with the participating business
• Your complaint must allege that the participating business has violated the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to your own personal data or the personal data of a child under 13 of whom you are the parent or guardian, collected in the EU or Switzerland and transferred to the United States under the Privacy Shield Framework.
A participating business must comply with BBB EU Privacy Shield’s final determination of any dispute. However, using our dispute resolution process will not affect your legal rights as a consumer.
Please contact us if you have any questions prior to filing a complaint.
You may file a complaint online or by mail using following the address:
BBB National Programs, Inc.
ATTN: BBB EU Privacy Shield
3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201