This position is a hands-on role assisting staff attorneys in overseeing the day-to-day operations of CARU’s COPPA Safe Harbor program, particularly monitoring and auditing member websites and mobile apps for compliance with CARU’s program requirements. The Compliance Manager also reviews and responds as necessary to member and consumer inquiries, oversees our consumer complaints and maintains accurate internal department records for all compliance-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct bi-annual compliance audits of all member websites, mobile apps, and IoT products.
- Complete and distribute bi-annual Compliance Reports and follow-up with members as necessary.
- Interact directly with members regarding privacy compliance issues; keep both the Compliance Manager and Vice President abreast of such issues.
- Interact directly with consumers to resolve privacy complaints.
- Revise and update the monitoring process as necessary in response to new laws, regulations, and/or initiatives.
- Deliver recommendations to staff and Vice President regarding ways to enhance the services provided to participating companies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years applicable professional work experience
- Experience in website audits and compliance preferred
- CIPP certified preferred but not required
- Knowledge of privacy laws (COPPA, GDPR & CCPA particularly helpful)
- Basic understanding of data collection tools (e.g. cookies)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and solve problems
- Excellent research, organizational, and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a small team environment
- Strong aptitude for learning new software programs and internal systems
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite, Internet (familiarity with SharePoint a plus) and mobile storefront apps (iOS, Google in particular)
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to hr@BBBNP.org with job title in the subject line.
BBB National Programs fosters trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace through the development and delivery of cost-effective third-party self-regulation, dispute resolution and other programs. These programs were formerly administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. To learn more about industry self-regulation, please visit: BBBNP.org.
ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S ADVERTISING REVIEW UNIT (CARU)
Established in 1974, CARU is an investigative unit of the advertising industry’s system of self-regulation, with essentially two missions: (1) to protect children from deceptive or inappropriate advertising in all media, and; (2) to ensure that, in an online environment, children’s data is collected and handled in a responsible manner. CARU works with companies to ensure their advertising and data collection practices comply with all relevant laws and CARU’s self-regulatory guidelines, which take into account the uniquely impressionable and vulnerable child audience. CARU’S COPPA Safe Harbor program, the first FTC-approved program in 2000. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with companies that are making some of the most creative and innovative products on the market, many of which are directed to children.